We visited the brand new Jack’s supermarket in Hull on opening day to find out what deals the discount supermarket offers.
Ad feature written in collaboration with Jack’s
The discount supermarket, Jack’s, part of the Tesco family, opened its doors in Hull on 15th July.
We were invited down to see the store and take a look at their wide range of grocery items, as well as checking out their middle aisle, which has a huge range of WIGIG products (When It’s Gone It’s Gone!)
There was such a buzz on opening day with a DJ, games, and amazingly good smelling BBQ with bacon butties in the morning and burgers being given away for free over lunch (or dinner, depending on what you call it).
We even got a couple of reusable bags, which will come in very handy.
Jack’s discount supermarket
If you are looking to save money on your weekly food shop, Jack’s is the place to go.
They sell all the same things you’d expect from a supermarket with something for the whole family.
You can pick up great value Jack’s own brand items, but they also sell some Tesco ranges of food, as well as branded products.
Plus, 7 out of 10 of Jack’s products are grown, reared or made in Britain.
Supporting regional farmers, growers and producers, 100% of the fresh chicken, fresh lamb, and fresh beef are British all year round.
Also, 100% of the fresh milk is British too.
Jack’s Fresh Five
For amazing value, you want to incorporate the Fresh Five into your meal plan.
Every two weeks, you can get fruit and vegetables from outstanding prices as low as 35p.
At the moment, you can get:
- Jack’s bunched spring onions was 37p, now 29p
- Jack’s conference pears loose was 40p, now 29p each
- Jack’s chestnut mushrooms 250g was 79p, now 69p
- Jack’s courgettes 350g was 79p, now 69p
- Jack’s small sweet apples min 5 paco was 79p, now 69p
When It’s Gone It’s Gone
Every Thursday, a new When It’s Gone It’s Gone range is launched in Jack’s.
You can get loads of different things for a bargain price from homewares to electricals, from kids’ toys to garden furniture.
Be prepared, though; stuff really does go quickly.
We had a chat with some of the staff in store who told us how fast the products were selling.
Things like an inflatable egg chair priced at £15 and rattan outdoor seating sets (as low as £99) were selling fast (or were even sold out).
They sold a Yankee Candle 5 piece gift set for £20, a Slush Puppy machine for £30 and a 40″ TV for just £189. Plus, so much more!
But, as there are new products each week, there is always something new to find.
It’s well worth taking a look each week at Jack’s as you’ll be sure to save money on your shop.
Jack’s Shop Smart app
When it comes to paying for your shop, the Shop Smart app allows you to track you to scan your shopping as you go.
Just scan the barcode of the item with your phone and pack straight away.
Sometimes it can be hard to know what you’ve been spending, especially if you head down the middle When It’s Gone It’s Gone aisles!
With the app, it keeps a tally of how much you’re spending so you can keep within budget.
Then, when you get to the checkout, you can be out of the store a lot quicker using the self-service tills.
Jack’s Supermarket locations near me
The Jack’s Hull store is the 13th to launch in the UK.
You can find your closest Jack’s Supermarket and their opening hours here.
So it’d be great to hear if you went to Jack’s over the opening week? How do you find their great range of items?
Jack’s Supermarket 50 x £20 Vouchers Twitter Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- There are 50 prizes of £20 vouchers (25 on Facebook, 25 on Twitter) to spend at Jack’s Supermarket in Hull. There is no alternative prize.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees, friends, and relatives of Skint Media, Jack’s or Full Volume PR.
- Closing date for entries is 12:00 pm GMT on 12th September 2021.
- Only one entry per person.
- Facebook entry: On the post, entrants must comment and like the post.
- Twitter entry: On the post, entrants must tag a friend, retweet, like the post, and follow @SkintDad and @shopjacksuk.
- The winners will be chosen at random.
- The winners will receive a message on the platform they used for entry (Facebook or Twitter) within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 7 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The prize will need to be collected from the Hull Jack’s Supermarket store between 13th and 27th September 2021.
- The winner’s names will be available on request and published if the winner agrees.
- The promoter is Skint Media.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Opportunities to earn extra money in teaching English online - 27th October 2021
- Why is my electric bill so high? Don’t worry, it can be fixed! - 25th October 2021
- Where to find cheap petrol near me to save money every time you fill up - 25th October 2021