Lidl customers: get your hands on a new store Lidl Welcome Card and you can get six items for free over six weeks!
I’m a Lidl bit excited by this offer! :p
The discount retailer has a special discount card that allows you to get a free item each week.
You need to spend a minimum of £20, show your welcome card when you’re checking out and – boom – you’ve nailed a freebie.
The Lidl Welcome Card is available when there’s a new store opening, and all customers can get one.
Keep an eye out on your local newspaper to see if you’ve got a new store coming your way or check on the Lidl site to find out.
Lidl Welcome Card freebies
There are the same set items you can claim, and they change each week.
Depending on when your store opens, it will change which item you can get each week.
Here’s what they give away for free (once you’ve spent £20+):
- Florays Premium Kitchen Towel – £1.49
- J D Gross Belgian Seashells – £2.49
- Primadonna Olive Oil – £2.89
- Formil 2 in 1 Washing Powder – £1.99
- Florays Premium White Toilet Tissue – £2.79
- Bellarom Gold Instant Coffee – £1.89
It’s not exactly naff stuff, and the items can be put to good use. Seriously, you can never have too many toilet roll!
The Lidl card does not work the same way as other supermarket loyalty cards. They don’t collect any data about when you shop, and you will only be able to use it for six weeks.
New Lidl store openings
You’re only able to use the card in the store named on the back of it and will be able to get one item free each week for the six weeks.
You don’t just have to live near one of their supermarkets. Perhaps you work nearby, or you’ve got family locally?
Some leaflets may get dropped through your door with details about the Welcome Card. However, if you haven’t had one, just drop into the store when it opens and ask for one.
Here are some of the most recent openings:
- East Killbridge
- Burgess Hill
While you’re in Lidl, be sure to check out their Too Good to Waste “wonky” veg boxes. You can get 5kg of fruit and vegetables for just £1.50!
Have you been able to take advantage of getting free stuff in Lidl? Or is this the first you’ve heard about it?
Come and share your thoughts in the Reduce Your Supermarket Spend Facebook community.
- Get the best deal when your mobile contract ends (and keep the same number) - 22nd January 2021
- Supermarket offers, deals and bargains this week at Aldi, Asda, Iceland, Lidl, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and more - 22nd January 2021
- Best birthday freebies to celebrate in style (and for free) in 2021 - 19th January 2021