Shopmium is an app that pays you back after you’ve been food shopping – either in store, online or through click and collect.
Using the Shopmium app, you can try big-name branded foods from companies like Danone, Nestlé, SC Johnson, Heineken and McCain for much cheaper or free.
I know so many people want to cut down on their supermarket spend and this app is a real help as you can make more than £50 of savings a week!
As well as getting a cheaper weekly food bill, you can even use it to try new foods, which may well become new family favourites.
Here’s how it all works.
Use the code KMMMFMAT when you sign up to the Shopmium app for free.
Then, you’ll get a coupon for a free tube of Pringles after cashback.
Plus, to help celebrate your birthday, you’ll get a free box of Celebrations chocolate worth £3 each year.
How does the Shopmium app work?
The app is simple to use, and you get cashback paid within 48 hours.
Here’s a rundown of how I’ve used the app:
Search for offers
Before you head to the shop, look at the Shopmium app to see what offers are running for that week.
You browse down a list of all the products and discover what deal you can get.
You can either look at the whole list or browse specifically at the store you plan to shop.
Favourite the foods by clicking the heart on what you want to buy so you won’t forget what to pick up.
Shop for food
It’s now time to go shopping.
I usually take a look at the app when I’m in store to match the picture with what I see on the shelf – to make sure I get the right thing.
If the packaging looks slightly different, you can check the barcode from the app. This has been a lifesaver for me before, as I nearly purchased the wrong thing!
Click the Piggy Bank in the middle of the toolbar at the bottom, then click on Check a Barcode. This will bring up a scanner to confirm that the product is eligible for the offer (and helps you know that you’ll definitely get cashback).
Keep your receipt after you’ve checked out (or ask for one if the store doesn’t usually print them) as you’ll need this.
Take a photo of your receipt
Once you’re home, click the Piggy Bank at the bottom of the app, then choose to Request my cashback.
You will need to take a photo of the entire receipt and then scan the barcode of any products you’ve purchased that are on offer.
Then, simply submit the request, and you’re done.
If you have had Click and Collect or delivery, you simply send a photo of your invoice then take a picture of the product barcode.
Click on the wallet on your toolbar, and you can see any requests you’ve made for cashback.
Within 48 hours of sending your receipt, you will receive your cashback straight to your PayPal account.
There is no minimum withdrawal, so you don’ need to wait for anything to build up in a pot.
And that’s it!
Shopping online instead?
For a whole host of online shopping, you can also earn cashback on your spending.
Whether you’re looking for gifts, something for the home, beauty products, or more, you can earn cash back on what you’ve spent when you shop via the app.
It’s an easy way to make extra money back when you shop and saves you from having to hunt around for voucher codes.
Save even more money with these receipt snapping apps.
December 2021 giveaway
To enter the giveaway, head over to the Skint Dad Facebook page.
Here are the full terms and conditions:
In Partnership with Shopmium – 3 x £100 Supermarket Vouchers Facebook Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- There are 3 prizes of £100 in supermarket gift vouchers (winner to select preferred supermarket). There is no alternative prize.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees, friends, and relatives of Skint Media or Shopmium.
- Closing date for entries is 12:00 pm GMT on 9th December 2021.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must leave a comment on the Facebook promotional post, leave a comment, like the Shopmium Facebook page and the Skint Dad Facebook page.
- The winners will be chosen at random.
- The winners will receive a message on Facebook within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 7 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The voucher will be posted within 7 days of the winner confirming their address.
- The winner’s names will be available on request and published if the winner agrees.
- The promoters are:
- Quotient Technology Ltd (company no. 7775437), owner of the Shopmium brand in the UK, whose registered office is at 201 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JA
- Skint Media Limited (company no. 09991508), owner of the Skint Dad brand, whose registered office is at 8b Lonsdale Gardens, Tunbridge Wells TN1 1NU
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms & conditions without notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoters’ control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoters.