Cadbury Creme Egg season has officially launched, and their white chocolate egg is back.
The chance of finding a white Cadbury Creme Egg is slim, but you’ll win up to £10,000 if you do!
You’re not able to walk into any old shop and buy a white Cadbury Creme Egg.
The white Cadbury Creme Eggs are hidden in supermarkets around the UK.
While the idea of getting some chocolate may be exciting enough, if you happen to come across one, you could win prizes ranging from £50 up to £10,000!
I’m starting to feel a bit like Charlie Bucket hunting for a golden ticket!
Eeew – haven’t they been touched?
In 2018, cash-hungry eggs hunters weren’t playing very fairly, which may well have put people off from trying again this year.
There were loads of reports of people unwrapping the eggs while still in store, trying to hunt down a white egg.
Now, this is unhygienic, and is just a waste of perfectly good eggs!
How to find a white egg without unwrapping it
The milk chocolate and white chocolate creme eggs come in the same packaging, making it hard to spot one from the other.
It’s all about what’s on the outside of the egg.
If you look at the packaging, there’s an obvious telltale sign – the ingredients.
Very simply put, the white chocolate egg has “white” in the ingredients list.
Metro made the discovery last year.
You have until January 9th to find one and be in with a chance of winning £2000. Happy hunting! 🥚🐣 pic.twitter.com/cYCAyZOVcv
— Metro (@MetroUK) January 6, 2018
One thing to point out – 2018 the max prize was £2k, but you can win up to £10,000 finding a white creme egg in 2019.
Where can I find a white Cadbury Creme Egg?
Not all supermarkets are getting involved in this promotion.
Winning eggs have been scattered among certain supermarkets so be savvy with where you shop.
They have been disguised in the usual Creme Egg wrapping, so you may need to eat a few…you know, just for a chance to win, right?
Each week until 21 April 2019, eggs will be somewhere in the UK at the following stores:
- Co-op has 111 winning eggs to find: 1 x £10,000, 4 x £1,000, 11 x £100 and 95 x £50 winning eggs
- There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs in participating Co-op stores somewhere across mainland UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) every week.
- There are 111 white eggs to be found in Tesco, and you could win: 1 x £10,000, 4 x £1,000, 11 x £100 and 95 x £50
- There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs in participating Tesco stores somewhere across mainland UK every week.
- There are 111 winning while creme eggs to be found and each one wins you a different prize: 1 x £10,000, 4 x £1,000, 11 x £100 and 95 x £50 winning eggs
- There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs in participating Sainsbury’s stores somewhere across mainland UK every week.
Morrisons has 111 eggs to be found with prizes up for grabs: 1 x £10,000, 4 x £1,000, 11 x £100 and 95 x £50
There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs distributed in participating Morrisons stores somewhere across mainland UK every week.
- There are 111 winning eggs in Asda. Prizes include: 1 x £10,000, 4 x £1,000, 11 x £100 and 95 x £50 winning eggs
- There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs distributed in participating Asda stores somewhere across mainland UK every week.
Marks and Spencer
- 111 eggs to find at Marks and Spencer, with prizes including 1 x £10,000, 1 x £1,000, 1 x £100 and 108 x £50 winning eggs
- There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs in participating Marks & Spencer stores somewhere across mainland UK every week.
- 89 eggs to find with the following prize breakdown: 1 x £10,000, 13 x £50 and 75 x £10 winning eggs
- Eggs are randomly distributed in stores.
- There are 6 winning eggs at One Stop: 1 x £10,000 and 5 x £100 winning eggs
- Eggs are randomly distributed in stores.
- There are 111 eggs to be found in independent retailers, with their prizes being: 1 x £10,000, 1 x £1,000, 5 x £100 and 104 x £50
- There will be 7 winning white Creme Eggs distributed in participating stores somewhere across mainland UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) every week.
In 2018, the promotion was run in fewer stores, and the prize was only up to £2,000, so you’ve got more chance to find a winning white cream egg this year.
What do you do if you find a white egg?
If you’ve managed to find a white Cadbury Creme Egg then, firstly, well done!
Now, try everything in your power to NOT eat it!!
There is nothing in their terms and conditions that says you can’t eat it.
Inside the foil, there will be a voucher with a phone number. You need to call them during office hours to claim your cash prize.
You need to make sure to keep the voucher and the packaging as they need it to validate your claim. You will also need to tell them which store you bought it from and where it’s based.
All prize claims must be received by 21st May 2019 so if you have a load of eggs stashed away for later in the year, it may be worth catching a glimpse under the foil sooner rather than later!
I was considering writing more about Creme Eggs….but…..I’ve just got to nip to the shops 😉
Like winning stuff? Try these competitions
Naomi knows the burden of living on very little and became debt free by learning from past mistakes and following her own money saving tips and tricks.