M&S may be known as a slightly more expensive store, so people may have a peek at the food and some of the other departments, but walk away not buying anything.
I know so well how much members of Reduce Your Supermarket Spend love M&S (but not the price tag) and getting something is always a treat.
So, when there is a super-duper offer, it’s worth shouting about.
Summer Beauty Box
To mark the start of summer…yes, it is coming…M&S has launched a summer Beauty Box full of makeup and skincare products.
Priced at £110, it’s far beyond what I spend on make up in a year, however, for a limited time, you can walk away with the beauty box for just £15!
To get the beauty box for mega cheap, you need to spend £40 on clothing, beauty or home products. Although, anything bought at sale or clearance price doesn’t count towards your spend.
You can shop either online or in store, but need to spend £40 in one transaction to get the beauty box mega cheap.
What do you get in the M&S Beauty Box?
The summer makeup and skincare box is packed with smaller size as well as full-sized beauty products.
Here’s what you get:
- Ultrasun Face SPF30, 25ml – Use this lightweight anti-aging, water-resistant formula in place of your moisturiser and make-up primer. The UVA and UVB protection is fast absorbing with a soft matte finish, and it’s ideal for sensitive skin types
- Ren Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Body Wash, 100ml – Loved for its pioneering 100% recycled bottle, with 20% reclaimed ocean plastic, this wash is packed with seaweed extract to cleanse and nourish skin. The bonus is Ren’s uplifting essential oil blend that kickstarts your day
- This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle, 30ml – This silky formula enhances legs with a veil of sheer tinted serum that glides on and gleams – the ultimate summer saviour for legs that have been in hiding
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo, 92ml – This magic spray grants every wish by soaking up oil and sweat while cleansing the hair and scalp. The fresh scent ensures your style is revived – for days
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, 3.2g – Get a whole new outlook with this cooling quick-fix eye treatment. Laced with pure Icelandic glacier waters, arctic berries and pure oxygen, the patches help to firm, de-puff and reduce wrinkles – in 10 minutes
- Emma Hardie Moisture Boost Vitamin C Cream, 15ml – Capture luminosity with this vitamin-enriched face cream. A blend of vitamin B3 and slow-release vitamin C reduces the appearance of dark spots and hydrates. Look at you glow
- Shay & Blue English Cherry Blossom EDP, 10ml – The bloom of youth: delicate pink blossoms with bergamot, black cherries and cherry wood combine in this pretty, warm and bright eau de parfum
- Rosie for Autograph Radiance Highlighter, 15ml – This cult favourite puts skin in its best light with a supermodel-worthy bronzed sheen. Apply to your cheekbones and brow bones, or mix with your liquid foundation for a radiant glow
- Formula Deeply Nourishing Face Mask, 15ml – This creamy coconut blend quenches dry skin instantly. For a more intense effect, leave the mask on overnight for a plumped, youthful complexion come morning
- Rodial Vitamin C Energising Face Mask, 20ml – Make your skin glow from the inside out with the potent mix of luminosity, hydration and resurfacing technology found in this serum-soaked, bio-cellulose mask
Is it worth it?
If you buy a fair few products a year and like to treat yourself, then it’s a worthwhile purchase.
If you don’t need to buy anything from M&S, then it’s not a deal.
But, perhaps think about what you may need in the coming months? They may not have broken up yet, but it’s only a few months until back to school and September. It may be a good excuse to get new uniforms sorted now?
A user on hotukdeals, has mentioned that there is 20% off school uniform at the moment. They’ve noticed that the original price counted towards their £40 spend. So, they spent £36 on the uniform but were still able to get the beauty box for £15.
M&S usually sell an advent calendar each year and do a massive discount on that too. They sell out VERY fast.
I’ve heard of many people breaking the box up and using the contents for birthday presents, or even to go towards the contents of a gift hamper.
Others have been known to sell their beauty box on eBay to make a profit! And they sell because people are desperate for them, and there never seem to be enough in M&S stores!
If you’ve got a Sparks loyalty card, then remember to take a look at the app or on the site before you shop.
Depending on how many points you’ve got, you may be able to load an offer to make even more savings too. For instance, on mine, I can get 15% off jeans and leggings, 15% off knickers and 20% off swim and beachwear. Even if you don’t get a saving, each time you swipe your card, a 1p donation is made to the charity of your choice, so it’s worth having one just for that.
Not got a Sparks card yet? Take a look at Sparks on the M&S site.
Naomi knows the burden of living on very little and became debt free by learning from past mistakes and following her own money saving tips and tricks.