I love my slow cooker. My lovely sister bought it for me a number of months ago and it really changed how we prepare and cook our meals.
After trialling a few different recipes, I started to get a bit more adventurous and have found one of my favourite dishes from the slow cooker so far is pulled pork.
I use a shoulder joint of pork, which is quite a cheap cut. Cooking it in a slow cooker makes it so tender and the BBQ sauce gives it a great tang!
We’ve been making this slow cooker pulled pork recipe for some time, both as a tasty dinner and using the leftovers a quick and easy lunch.
This pulled pork recipe is so easy to make – it probably takes me no more than 10 minutes in total to prepare the marinade and pull the pork after it’s cooked! There is way too much for dinner for the four of us, but it keeps well covered in the fridge for a few days.
Pulled pork in the slow cooker
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (small) tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Shoulder of Pork
- In a bowl, mix in the marinade ingredients. Add the pork joint and make sure it's coated in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, put the pork and marinade into a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, remove any fat and pull the meat apart with forks.
For those of you who don’t have a slow cooker, I really suggest that it’d a good idea to get one. It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that the cooker makes food taste delicious with such a small amount of effort.
- Best paid surveys to earn money online in 2021 - 22nd July 2021
- Scan your shopping and earn with NielsenIQ Homescan Panel - 15th July 2021
- Aldi School Uniform for less than £5 -cheaper than Tesco and Asda - 5th July 2021