Well, this is probably the end of wombling!
Asda has finally made an announcement that it’s very popular Asda Price Guarantee (APG) is coming to an end.
It’s been talked about on the grapevine for many months by savvy shoppers, after Sainsbury’s made a move to buy Asda.
But wait!! Asda has launched a new loyalty scheme! Find out about George Rewards.
When is Asda Price Guarantee stopping?
Asda Price Guarantee is closing from 3rd October 2018.
You can continue to check your shop on the Asda Price Guarantee website as normal until 3rd October, and you’ll have 28 days after you check to redeem your voucher.
Instead, Asda has promised to offer every day low prices instead.
However, this will be a massive knock to a lot of shoppers who are able to get the difference back if their shop was not 10% cheaper than Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons or Waitrose.
Will it make any difference?
Asda has said that only 1% of shoppers used the Asda Price Guarantee, that had been running since 2010, and it was becoming “less and less relevant to customers”.
Stuart Smith, a Skint Dad community members and wombler, told us:
“It is a huge loss with how much I get from Asda. However, cashback and receipt apps make me a huge amount as well.
“I make £50 a month and have already made enough from one app to get an Xbox for free. If people just focus on one thing then it will present problems.
“Asda now don’t have any benefit over their rivals. Other supermarkets have loyalty cards and free points. I do think they will have something to replace it but only time will tell.”
What’s happening now?
Asda shared that instead of APG they are going to do the following:
- We’re committed to focusing our investments in to lowering prices; and keeping them low
- Over the past 12 months we have invested over £100m in lowering the price of 1000’s of the products our customers love the most. And there’s more to come
- This month, you’ll see another round of price reductions from us – and more after that; look out for them in your local Asda store and online.
WIll this hurt your supermarket shop or does it just not bother you?
Come and join in the conversation in Reduce Your Supermarket Spend.
- Something you want, something you need – the 4 Christmas gift rule - 15th October 2021
- Aldi adding yellow stickers to even more food - 14th October 2021
- COMING SOON – TopCashback Trick or Treat Giveaway 2021 Answers - 14th October 2021