It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
If you’re stuck for ideas to keep the kids entertained or want to keep costs low by making your own decorations, here are some really simple DIY children’s Christmas decorations to get you into the festive spirit.
1. Head outside to play then head home to craft
Go out to the park and burn off some energy. While you’re there collect some twigs, then tie up some scrap ribbon, to make some cute Christmas tree decorations.
2. We might not get snow, but we can pretend
Toilet rolls get used up quickly – especially with kids around. While you could try to sell them to make a few quid (yes, people do this), you could save a few back to make crafts.
3. Food doesn’t need to be eaten
With a bit of macaroni and fusilli (which you’ve no doubt got in your cupboard), you can make a pasta DIY Christmas decoration!
4. Short on space?
If you’re short on room, then having a big tree just won’t work. Instead of trailing paper chains across the ceiling, use them to make an easy Christmas tree.
5. Doing laundry can be fun!
With a couple of wooden clothes pegs and some white paint, you can have some cheeky snowmen who’d look great on your Christmas tree.
6. You’ll never look at clothes pegs the same way again
With a lick of brown paint and a glowing red nose, your clothes pegs and become a gorgeous Rudolph the Reindeer.
7. If you don’t have a fireplace then make your own
Many house and flats don’t have a fireplace to hang your stockings, but you don’t need to miss out. Make your own out of cardboard boxes.
8. Sales of Nobbly Bobblies will go up!
While ice cream is optional, you can pick up popsicles sticks cheaply and can start making your very own nativity scene.
9. Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
Making good use of toilet roll tubes, simply cut them in half, add a bit of paint and you’ve got some lovely trees to add to your tree.
10. Eat more ice cream, make more crafts
11. Paper plates and some colouring-in make a big difference
For the younger child, this is a perfect craft as they can colour to their heart’s content.
12. Easy snowman advent countdown calendar
If you’re not a big fan of daily chocolate, or maybe you just want another way to use up toilet roll, then this advent is perfect. Take off a loop each day and watch the snowman get smaller.
13. Have a whole popsicle party on your tree
If you don’t want all the same decorations, how about a whole family? Hope you have some popsicles left!
14. Don’t use the good socks!
Find a pair of (old) socks and make your own Olaf snowman. It can also be heated and used as a soothing rice sock.
15. Hide and seek Santa
Let’s hope you’ve still got some spare loo rolls! These are very simple to make, and you could just colour the tube straight in, rather than finding card.
16. Make a handy wreath
An easy DIY Christmas decoration – get a couple of dinner plates to make the wreath shape, and some kiddy sized hands to make the leaves. Just be careful not to tickle too much when you’re tracing!
Christmas is a magical time of the year and cheap, fun things can make it more special.
Instead of overspending find out about the something you want something you need Christmas gift rule.
- Something you want, something you need – the 4 Christmas gift rule - 15th October 2021
- Aldi adding yellow stickers to even more food - 14th October 2021
- COMING SOON – TopCashback Trick or Treat Giveaway 2021 Answers - 14th October 2021