Help kick off Pancake Day with this deal from Iceland. Get everything you need to make pancakes this Shrove Tuesday for just £5 – as well as the pan!
When is Pancake Day 2022?
Pancake Day is on Tuesday, 1st March this year.
It’s also known as Shrove Tuesday.
It changes each year, depending on when Easter falls.
Iceland Pancake Day bundle
To help celebrate Pancake Day, Iceland is offering a flippin’ good deal!
As a special offer in the run-up to Shrove Tuesday, you’re able to pick up a pancake pan, pancake mix, a bottle of Frylight and a topping of your choice for just £5.00.
The pancake pan alone is worth £5, so it’s some deal – you’d batter believe it – sorry, that was Iceland’s joke, not mine!
The deal is available until just after Pancake Day on 2nd March and can be bought online and in store.
What’s in the £5 deal?
Here’s what you can get in Iceland’s £5 Pancake Day bundle:
- Pancake Pan (£5.00)
Pancake Mix (choose one)
- The Make Yourself at Home Co. Pancakes (£1.00, 155g)
- Victoria Bakery Family Pancake Mix (£1.00, 480g)
- The Make Yourself at Home Co. Chocolate Chip Pancakes (£1.00, 155g)
Frylight (choose one)
- Frylight 1 Cal Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray (£1.75, 190ml)
- Frylight 1 Cal Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray (£1.75, 190ml)
- Frylight 1 Cal Butter Flavour Cooking Spray (£1.75, 190ml)
Topping (choose one)
- Jif Lemon Juice (75p, 100ML)
- Clarks Maple Flavour Syrup (£1.00, 250g)
You can save up to £3.75 on this deal.
As well as the Pancake bundle offer, there are also more deals on a selection of pre-made pancakes at Iceland.
You can pick up two for £3.00 on Ma Raeburn’s Favourite Pancakes (£2.00, 750g), Ma Raeburn’s Sweetened Pancakes (£2.00, 750g) and the Instagram-worthy Ma Raeburn’s Dutch Pancake Bites (£2.00, 300g).
If you’re shopping online, be sure to use an Iceland discount code to save even more on your food shop.
Maybe you’re planning to use up ingredients in your cupboard so won’t need all this (take a look at this easy pancake recipe if you need reminding).
There are other supermarket pancake deals at Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Morrison’s if you shop around.
But, maybe you’re after a new pan, so this might still work out as a good deal for you.
Why have Pancake Day?
The basic idea is that you use up rich foods, like eggs, milk, and sugar, before Lent starts.
Some people choose to fast after Lent, so using up the food means less food waste.
However, not everyone fasts still (although there are other things you can give up over Lent to save money), but the tradition of eating pancakes is still there.
Come and join thousands of other savvy shoppers in the Reduce Your Supermarket Spend Facebook community to find out tips and tricks to save money on your food shop.
- Farmfoods offers, vouchers and latest deals this week - 29th June 2022
- Even more off with Blue Light Card – Big Blue Weekend special discounted offers - 29th June 2022
- How to apply for a School Uniform Grant and get up to £150 - 29th June 2022