Applications are now open to join the ALDI Wine Club. The budget supermarket is recruiting people to taste test wine for free!
Love a glass of wine? Don’t have much spare budget to add a bottle (or two…or three?) to your trolley when you head to the supermarket? No problem!
Aldi is looking to recruit people to be taste testers for their wine and help pick their next range!
If you think you know a thing or two about wine, then why not apply?
How to apply for the ALDI Wine Club
Sound like the job of your dreams?
While this opportunity doesn’t pay you anything (sorry, you can’t quit your 9-5), you get to try wine for free
- You need to be on Twitter and Instagram and follow the @ALDIUK accounts (and keep following them)
- Send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” letting them know:
- your full name
- the name of your Twitter and/or Instagram accounts, the number of followers you have
- why you should be selected to become an ALDI Wine Buyer for a Day (in no more than 150 words)
- what your favourite wine is and why
- and provide proof of age (over 18s only, obvs)
You will need to be available on 7th April at Aldi HQ to join in with the wine tasting.
- Here are the latest supermarket wine offers inc 25 off 6 bottles of wine
How often can I apply?
Aldi usually looks to recruit 30 new members to the Wine Club every three months.
However, this is the first year they are selecting people to join ALDI’s Taste Kitchen for a day and help feedback for their upcoming range.
For this round, the closing date for applications is on 15th March 2022.
What do you need to do as an Aldi Wine Club Taste Tester?
If you’re lucky to get the gig, you’ll get the title “ALDI Wine Buyer For A Day”.
Whether you choose to add it to your CV is up to you, but it’s clearly a cool job title!
As a wine reviewer, you will provide feedback about the ALDI wine you try.
Your job is not about praising the bottle of plonk if you don’t like it – you need to be honest and share your real life views.
They’d likely give you guidance on how to review wine and some tasting notes to help with things such as the aroma and body.
Good or bad, you should tell them positives and/or negatives about every bottle of wine you try.
They ask you to have a minimum of 1,500 follows across your social channels.
Part of the deal is that you share photos to your Insta grid or update on Twitter what you’re up to.
The Tweets or grid photo descriptions would need to disclose that it’s sponsored/an advert (using #ad, for example).
After the tasting day, you’d also get a case of 6 full-sized bottles delivered to your home. Over a six week period, they will send you three complimentary bottles of ALDI wine.
Like the idea of being sent free stuff to test? Take a look at other companies who are looking to recruit product testers.
- 15 best budgeting apps in the UK - 19th May 2022
- Best companies to rent out your car – make £650 per month - 19th May 2022
- How long can someone stay before paying Council Tax? - 18th May 2022