To help get cleaned up and fully into the spring, SaveMoneyCutCarbon has sent us a selection of products to try out this month. The eco products include ecoeggs and eco-friendly garden products.
Plus, there is a fab eco prize draw giveaway – check it out below.
When you join the SaveMoneyCutCarbon Home Club, you can access member-only discounts on all the products, making them cheaper than anywhere else. Not only can you get eco products, but you can save money too.
Let’s take a look at the products we’ve been reviewing this month.
We’ve been using ecoeggs for some time in our washing machine to replace liquid, capsule detergent as well as fabric softener.
It has really helped us save money by replacing the need to buy detergent – around 40 bottles a year!
As well as saving money, it’s also helping to reduce our plastic waste, and we’re stopping harmful chemical detergents from polluting our water system.
An ecoegg can be used 70 times, working out to around 14p per wash.
They actually clean clothes too – which is one of the most important points! The kid’s uniform is clean of dirt, white socks come up like new, and towels and beddings are fresh.
And, even then, it’s not finished after 70 washes as you can simply replace the pellets.
The pellets and ego egg are Allergy UK approved, are non-toxic and contain no harsh chemicals.
As well as for the washing machine, you can get Dryer Eggs.
The idea behind the eggs is that you can reduce tumble drying time by up to 28%.
These small ecoeggs will save you time, money and energy.
They also have an amazing fragrance, soften your clothes, all without the use of harsh chemicals.
You don’t just have to take my word for it – we’re giving a dryer egg and refill fragrance sticks away in a prize draw. Head over to Instagram to enter.
One thing that’s also important when doing laundry is to keep your actual washing machine clean.
By looking after it on the inside, you will prolong the life of your appliance saving you money in the long term.
Using ecoegg washing machine detox tablets, you can remove bad odours and build up, allowing your machine to run more efficiently.
As well as being eco inside the home, it’s just as easy to be eco when gardening.
Making sure we can save the bees is massive for conservation. With pollinator beeboms, you get a seed mix of bee-loving flowers.
The pods themselves contain organic peat-free compost and seeds are packed inside a 100% compostable, starch-based shell. They are biodegradable and leave behind beautiful flowers only.
Eco-friendly garden products
It’s easy to start gardening, even on a small scale.
Buying seeds for herbs is a good way to get started as you can plant them on a windowsill inside your home and make use of them all year round.
Plus, remember that you get all your eco-friendly and sustainable living products cheaper than anywhere else when you’re a member of the SaveMoneyCutCarbon Home Club.
So we’re not the only ones taking advantage of eco products, we are running a prize draw for one lucky person to win eco dryer balls and a refills set.
The box hasn’t been opened, but I can small the frangrance sticks through the packaging – they smell great!
For your chance to win, head over to our Instagram page to enter.
Instagram ecoegg Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- There is 1 prize of ecoegg Spring Blossom Dryer Eggs and Dryer Egg Fragrance Sticks refill. There is no alternative prize.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees, friends, and relatives of Skint Media or SaveMoneyCutCarbon.
- Closing date for entries is 12:00 pm GMT on 7 July 2021.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must tag a friend on the Instagram promotional post, like the post, and follow SkintDad and SaveMoneyCutCarbon.
- The winner will be chosen at random.
- The winner will receive an Instagram message within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 7 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request and published if the winner agrees.
- The prize will be posted within 7 days of the winner confirming their address.
- The promoter is Skint Media.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Participating and entering this prize draw is considered a complete release of Instagram by each entrant or participant. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
We review different products each month to test out eco-products sold by SaveMoneyCutCarbon. Check out what we’ve done so far and check back to find out about what’s coming next: